by Chef Tsang Wai Kiu, Nanhai No. 1
served in Bang Sauce with Fried Man Tou (1 piece)
- 1. butterfly and devein the prawn
- 2. preheat oil to 180 degree Celsius, deep fry prawn for 1 minute
- 3. stir fry all the other ingredients together with bang sauce and coconut juice,
- 4. when the sauce is ready, cook the prawn in the sauce for 10 seconds
- 5. serve with deep-fried mantou
King prawn served in bang sauce instead. It turned out we made the right choice because the bang sauce - a thick gravy of coconut milk and various spices - was delicious.